Quality Management: ISO 9001
ISO 9001 is the quality standard set by the International Standards Organisation for the effective management of a business. It can be adapted for any business in any sector and certification is required in many sectors as a condition of bidding for work and contracts. It's also good practice in its own right: there is good evidence that ISO 9001 certification improves business performance.
The ISO quality management principles are:
- Customer focus
- Engagement of people
- Process approach
- Continuous improvement
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship management
The ISO 9001: 2015 version allows for easier integration with other international management systems standards.
- Greater emphasis on building a management system suited to each organization’s particular needs
- A requirement that those at the top of an organization be involved and accountable, aligning quality with wider business strategy
- Risk-based thinking throughout the standard makes the whole management system a preventive tool and encourages continuous improvement
- Less prescriptive requirements for documentation: the organization can now decide what documented information it needs and what format it should be in
- Alignment with other key management system standards through the use of a common structure and core text
We can help! Adopting good practice in leadership, strategy, planning, performance management and risk management, and bringing these strands together in a strategic dashboard, respects the ISO quality management principles. Our approach also makes use of the adaptability of ISO 9001: 2015 to provide you with a user-friendly solution that is tailored to your business rather than a prescriptive 'box-ticking' solution that does not necessarily help you to manage your business and could waste your time and energy.
We can also introduce you to external ISO 9001:2015 auditors accredited by the UK Accreditation Service (UKAS), which is the sole national accreditation body recognised by the UK Government.
Contact us now on 020 8242 6271 for a free, no obligation discussion on improving your quality management and ISO 9001:2015 certification.